Saturday, March 22, 2008

Shores of Paradise

Shores of Paradise

As I think, you hold my hands,
You look up to me
A smile dawns on your rose petal lips.
I look down on the golden sands
As they stretch far –
Ambling across, the Shores of Paradise.

You unfurl your radiant frock –
Over the dry waves
And settle on single petal of first daffodil,
In my precious private garden.
And then you speak
Pearls grace words as they tumble inside.

Your hair floats with the breeze
In your carelessness
A caress it deserved, only from your palms.
My last few wish tries to touch
And I hold back –
And let you stay, on my Shores of Paradise.

My eyes dilates for a split second
On a singular thought
For the Darkness approaches soon and I pray.
For a Moon for my starry eyed sky
I open my dry eyes –
I find you still there, staring at me quizzically.

I am left sorry again and grounded
For you are still there,
Basking in golden sunset as you kissed the air.
You prance away for a moment,
And turn and kneel –
Sprinkling waves of sand in unusual trajectories.

(Snap)

...The Moon shines,
Full Moon on my night sky
As I amble along my silver Shores of Paradise.

Tides ebb at a distance
The lost sea-gull takes a dip,
In the frozen confines of my fathomless, dark, blue sea.
It is painful...
It is close enough.
____________
*******

No comments: