Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Breeze


A Breeze

See this shore on the island of my heart,
Come break on its parched sands.
And you will know how long monsoon
Has turned away and left me dry.
Can’t even find tears now – this moment,
And the dream of your dreams rises
Falls like an unsure yearning of ages gone.

Give me sight now, one miracle touch –
Balm my tired eyelids softly,
Hold my hands and let me walk beside.
The sun never craved for more.
Never the earth craved less for your feet.
I am hardly breathing now –
For one last time I breathe so easy.

You can save me now or let me die –
Here, where flowers bloom.
And I forget once again that I ever existed,
For it has never been quenched.
But please, my lady, when we stand –
Say not what you can say best.
For all these I shall feel no more, then –
The universe might crash inside.

The winds remain to speak unspoken.

*****

No comments: