Saturday, February 24, 2007

Under the Pillow


Under the Pillow

Everything is just like getting through.
Pens turn into buttons –
Just let go of me writings, I am too tired now.
Too tired to think, to act, to observe –
To react; for I am not of the generous kind.
I am struggling now – my breadth heavy,
My throat sore and my senses even more numb.
And yet like the last straw
I; wrenched to my skin – dry, raw, inert thing.
Specimens of choice around me
We all got choices to make – what if I don’t?

I will mount the steps of Djongrila
Where all of them have gone praying for me
To ask them to let me be –
For all that matters to me are these;
Stars falling in flakes on the snowed fields
Of solitude and peace.
Where moments stare at me like my nemesis.
Pray not for me o the knowledgeable ones –
For I have wronged none
But for one within. So pray no one comes along
This path I have walked too far.

Pray for them o generous ones
Whom I unknowingly led in my way
For the souls who know not where they come.
Neither in a cauldron nor the bed of petals,
But an unforgiven spirit which lingers
Along the banks of the dry river bed
Lamenting such, the river may come rushing back.
To be sure if somebody had knocked
On her abode’s shackled door.
*****

No comments: