Friday, December 5, 2008

Under the Shadow of Terror



Noise Unlimited
Whatever now remains is like Noise - in its true definition. There are two sides to it.
1. People responsible for their carelessness and unprepared ness - they are generating the noise while curbing the real 'voice' viz. the dictate from the Govt. that media should no more broadcast videos of the attack - is that to keep people from disturbing images or do they know it too well that Indian mind is like black board - a stroke of duster and the chalk of calamity wiped off? Are the resignations, comments, opinions, vague statements sounding like boardroom 'global gyan' ('We will not tolerate terrorist tactics...' and like) worth the hoopla surrounding them? Really, have there been any actionable reactions? Something like, 'we have appointed XYZ to set up a committee which will plan and blue-print for a Federal Intelligence Agency of India', would have meant at least something. I fail to understand how feminine FMCGs could become talk of the hour - lord save the sanctity and sanity of our Media houses. Did they really find, even the person who indulged in such pithy remarks, worthy enough to be splashed over prime time news?
2. People who are subject to these propagandas - they end up taking sides. What have they got anyway? They only have choices and nothing like the best candidate or the rightful leader. They just choose the next best thing and end up where they were by the end of another 5 years. Just like stray dogs - they stray, they are shown the biscuit, they go to the vote machine wagging their tails, they sit waiting like a loyal dog, no matter they get kicked all along, then the 'eater' finishes off and the dog begins to look for another 'eater'. At times they will be stupid enough to follow that same 'eater' around.
The first kind confuses and the latter one is politically, socially and emotionally illiterate enough to be easily confused. In the end we have exactly what my title states and reflect the present state of affairs - Noise Unlimited...


Leopold Back-calculation
Nothing has changed much. People just want to get high before they are on a higher plane. They fail to flatter themselves. It is not that easy. The terror is unimaginable.
I look at these people congregated or rather accumulated at Leopold tonight, and I am unexcited. It is only natural to be egoistic. It is only natural to be nationalistic. But what really matters is – what do you really believe in.
I did my inquisition. The inherent fear of life sustenance is unquestionable (I just hate that I cannot write this in layman’s terms; I wish somebody did). Everybody hid in fear when the firecrackers became gun-shots in reality. I doubt if anyone else would have done otherwise – even with a bullet-proof armor on them.
I wonder what might have happened that day. I can but only wonder. But still, if I have that, I’ll stay with it because that is the only thing I have got to justify myself – about the way I feel. And that is just the way everybody of you reading this feels. So, stop lying to yourself!

Mumbai Burns
I am not Marathi, I am not Mumbaiyya. I am a simple citizen, another unknown Indian, who just happens to be professionally based out of Mumbai. And I feel violated.
I feel I have got everything to do with this calculated inhumanity on display for the last 60+ hours. I have never faced this upfront but now I do and I am going to do something about it. I have to speak out. I am not of that mettle to keep myself closed in the boundaries of a job, a family, few friends and four walls which keep changing.
There a few things that I hate but I hate them unfailingly and it seems it is not going to change for quite sometime now.
I do not accept to live under the shadow of the gun.
I do not want those people walking on this earth who have murder on their minds.
I do not want my near and dear ones to be terrorized.
I do not accept that a country like ours do not have an intelligence net.
But most of all – I hate the lousiness of some people who say, ‘What can I do?’
Money, stature, family commitments, professional pressure, relationships they don’t matter. In fact, when these very things are under fire – I do not believe we have got any justification of sitting back, thanking fate for saving us and waiting for the carnage to get over so that we can get back to work next morning like worms crawling across the dingiest filth on the face of this earth.
I defy those who call this ‘the undying Mumbai spirit’. I call this apathy, indifference and overall irresponsibility as an Indian and as a human being.
More than 190 people dead – that too only officially, three times that injured and an overall atmosphere of unwelcome fear looming ominously over Mumbai. We cannot keep saying that ‘Mumbai has won’; because it hasn’t. The terrorists have won – not once but again and again, and it is about time we put an end to our little day-night therapy sessions over the idiot-box with some politicians and diplomats who have been as irresponsible as us. It is about time we vent our retribution on these maggots.
Terrorists are not cowards. Cowards are only human. Terrorists, however, are inhuman to say the least. They are agents of the virus called terror. Love just won't do.
This is the time when we think, talk and act vitriolic. This is when our attitude should ooze acid against those buggers. I cannot imagine that I have to share the same air with these proponents of the unjust death.
We pride ourselves in unity. I disagree vehemently. We just fake ‘unity in diversity’. There is no such thing, unless we acknowledge ourselves as common human beings, each one of whom has got right to live. And those who don’t have no right to live!
I want to live without oppression – be it terror or in any other form.
I want to live without fear – be it the bullet or the ballot.
I want to live without bias – be it religious or socio-economic.
I want to live free – and my head held high because I know I have done something.

7 comments:

RAINMAKER said...

I have seen that the mumbai thing has deeply disturbed you. So i will shed some gyaan..he he he...

1) both media and govt have agendas...none of them to your benefit. so don't think that media wants to show you the pictures because that will help YOU. No dear. The TRP.

2)The apathy that you mention in mumbaikars...well that can also be seen as bravery. If they can go to work the next morning, then they haven't actually been terrorized. Have they? I mean logic dictates so. People who have been terrorized are the people who are writing blog posted about it. They are afraid and they don't want to live in this shadow of fear.

Which brings me to the next point.
Fear.

3)Fear is an emotion. Sitting Far away from logic. Fear is something close to Love, and Hate and Anger. But this is the only emotion which has a negative connotation to it. Yes people talk of anger being bad, but that would mean health. But fear, reflects on the character.

And since Fear is an Emotion, it can be purged, can be overcome.

People tell you that what can they do, they say so, because its not their place to do. They can Do is do THEIR jobs in a better way. Contribute to the antibodies that fight this plague. The hand brings food to the mouth, so that the Antibodies can get nourishment and fight. Again, concern at the state of affairs is justified, and you ARE a citizen.
You have every right to demand security and "life liberty and pursuit of happiness". But there is a way and a channel. History has seen that little has been achieved by emotion, except in matters of love or becoming a martyr.
Emotion and logic couldn't survive.And planning needs Logic.And emotional acts fuels emotion.
People might become emotional and guillotine the king and queen in rage.But killing always has been. But that didn't create a nation like France. It were the thinkers who kept on acting logical and made it, by giving it a direction.

So ultimately, how you react to things would determine what part you play in the society.

Amish Vajpayee said...

Pinaki, almost 7 months, what have you done? except saying I will not tolerate this, I will not do that, I do not accept this, I do not want that..after all...what have you done except of course posting this blog entry, promoting it on friends' fb pages, perhaps talking about all this. That is what everybody does, you satyarth and I guess me too.

Satyarth, in a nutshell ur saying do not feel, think. sounds good, but it is practically impossible to think rationally without being aware of the interplay of emotions, How do we differentiate between thoughts and emotions? scientifically, not poetically. in essence every thought is, or a product of an emotion and emotion of thought.

Anonymous said...

I just happened to come across this post and therefore will pretend to be an outsider... now allow me to point out that you all make valid points but what really is essential is that we get to see the essence of it; for the rest lies on the outward side. It is our choice how we see. We can choose to see the Points and Debate endlessly over them or we can try to see the essence and realize it from within...
Words are but limited in their approach towards such matters but I hope you see it in the essence of it.
Satyarth I would like to believe that what you are pointing out is essentially the same as what I am pointing out but the words you use tend to put logic over emotion and that can confuse others. What you perhaps are trying to show is that one should not be Attached i.e. one should try to see things from a higher perception than getting down to the level of attachment and under the grip of uncontrolled or unbalanced emotions. Thought can be considered but a product of emotion (as Amish points out too) and action turns out to be... but a product of intention (as Pinaki is probably in my humble opinion trying to express). So even though Pinaki may not have managed to change the world yet, but the very intention of doing ones bit is indeed helpful in its own way. However a good intention always needs to use deep but positive emotions to result in constructive thoughts thereby resulting in sensible actions.
But also Pinaki of course you should realize with introspection that the emotions you choose are going to be of no use, they tend to be highly destructive in fact!
We all need to look within and realize that we cannot gain freedom from bondages, attachments or our own limitations that do not let us evolve further as souls.
Pinaki quoted, “Terrorists are not cowards. Cowards are only human. Terrorists, however, are inhuman to say the least. They are agents of the virus called terror. Love just won't do.
This is the time when we think, talk and act vitriolic. This is when our attitude should ooze acid against those buggers. I cannot imagine that I have to share the same air with these proponents of the unjust death.
We pride ourselves in unity. I disagree vehemently. We just fake ‘unity in diversity’. There is no such thing, unless we acknowledge ourselves as common human beings, each one of whom has got right to live. And those who don’t have no right to live!”

Well I can only point out that... If one demands freedom, one should be able to first free oneself of such destructive thoughts.

True Love in a sense of the highest form of emotion... heals it all.
Love can set one free.
Atleast according to me...
Though you are all free ...
to have your own ways to see...

Amish Vajpayee said...

I too believe so much in love and the much hyped power of love. But i fail to see either love or its power in action..it seems certain that there is more hate in world than love, more logic, more arguments, more confidence, more opinions, more politics..and what is terrorism but politics by other means..
and you dont always get what you see, neither can you always see what you gonna get.

Anonymous said...

Obviously it is still up to you... you choose to fail to see...nobody else chooses for you...This world is a matrix but one always has a choice ...you are a being of consciousness... ever wonder why we should look around more rather than seeing ourselves from within...rather than looking in the mirror and seeing oneself...improving upon the one in the mirror...ones level of consciousness and evolution creates ones lifetime(s)!

Anonymous said...

So according to me, the Bigger Picture is... Thoughts, politics, arguments, opinions, hate are not distinct, self-contained 'Entities’ in themselves! Their very existence is due to humans and their limited consciousness in the matrix...
True love is the highest form of Consciousness though it also has many debased and corrupt forms... What is anger but love of resentment; What is politics but love of power; What is greed but love of possession; What is confidence but love of self; What is thinking but love of mind; What is hatred but love of aversion; What is existence but love of survival, What is ignorance but love of delusion; What is nihilism but love of denial...
All are forms that exist and act in the matrix!
The world moves on and goes around due to different forms of love...
True Love can move one beyond...

Unknown said...

Came across this amazing video on Youtube where a lion tries to protect its pride from a group of armed adventurists. The prize catch will be sight of three lion-cubs and definitely rest of the pride. They begin shooting and the lion - true to its name and repute, charges at one of the rangers who is armed with anesthesia shots. They manage to gun it but it still rushes away into the bushes. One of the rangers is mauled.

Now,
1) The lion deserved to be shot: The rangers were just looking.
2) The rangers deserved to be mauled: The lion was plain alarmed.

It depends on personal choice, and that is exactly why there cannot be perfection in anything. I believe in Love but it is too sudden and I miss the moment often, lost in happiness. But I am way more surer about Hate and its circumstances - I can almost feel as it ebbs and falls.